Thursday, November 25, 2010

Fin

300 posts and three years ago I started typing here. In my first post I wrote opening up even a tiny window to myself made me want to throw up; I feared it. I feared the leap. Thus I knew I had to begin. Now I have spent weeks feeling bad for neglecting pneuma, so very much a part of myself, but to limp along and post poorly would be disingenuous and unfair to the spirit of this blog. I would no more ignore a broken limb than pretend this blog has not reached its natural end.

Saying goodbye, not to you, for you will always be there, but to this chapter of myself is bittersweet. Lives and circumstances change, new lands are to be explored, new outlets are to be created, but not here, not right now. So, with an intense feeling of gratitude and an equally strong feeling of nausea, I am taking a deep breath and letting go. I've packed my bag to the brim with moons, poets, philosophers, photographs, and your encouragements, so the journey ahead will never find me lacking in inspiration or love. I need to be authentically myself, to create spontaneously and freely, to accept this ending so I may be forged by a new beginning. This much I have figured out.

5 comments:

the Lady said...

Ooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh Noooooooooooo!!! Fuck. I will miss you Heather. A lot.

magnusmog said...

Thank you for sharing the blog with us.

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Keep on keepin' on!!

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I'll miss you, Heather. Let us know if you decide to come back. Best of luck with your writing and your photography. It's meant a lot to me these past few years.

Love, Frances

Ruth said...

I will miss reading your words ... but am grateful you've shared them with us 'til now. Be well.

(p.s. I will always be grateful to you for introducing me to "The Graveyard Book".)