Monday, August 23, 2010

si[x]

When I received this lace weight wool I was enamored. I would have worn the skeins draped over my neck but for unavoidable tangles and inevitable heartache. Instead, I made a sculptural piece comprised of six varied circles, allowed to curl inward and reveal their hidden sides. This piece is bold, unique, beautiful, and inspiring. Reticence does not orbit here.

Boring bits:
Pattern: sev[en] circle by Kirsten Johnstone a.k.a assemblage
Needles: US #5 circs
Wool: Knit Picks Gloss Lace (held doubled) in 'mermaid'
Mods: aplenty...on ravelry.

3 comments:

the Lady said...

holy hell lady, beautiful!

Mom said...

I totally agree with the Lady. Hey Grandpa B, do we have a beautiful daughter or what???!!! (Not to mention creative and totally brilliant.)

Ruth said...

Wonderful!!!