Thursday, July 1, 2010

A Study in Record Breaking Procrastination

There comes a time when even the most productive knitter has to accept she or he is not immune to SSS. I was hit hard. Blindsided by what I thought would never happen to me; second sock syndrome. Now I know it is real and it is nearly fatal. But I survived and anyone who can overcome self imposed obstacles to fulfillment deserves to celebrate. Grab a partner and throw yourselves into an impromptu Flamenco on the kitchen chairs while singing about the color purple at the top of your lungs. Trust me, frivolity and dancing cure anything. I wonder if in thirty years she will grab her children and ask them to dance on chairs. I hope so.

Boring Bits:
Wool: Pigeonroof Studios Original Sock in cassis gifted from the incomparable and lovely Larkin.
Needles: US# 1 DPN

Please send me your last pair of shoes,
worn out with dancing as you mentioned in your letter,
so that I might have something to press against my heart.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

,

1 comment:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I love these photographs! And the dancing!

Right now I'm suffering from First Sock Syndrome (FSS)--I've had the same sock on the needles for months now. I think the problem is there's a flaw I keep meaning to fix, but am never in a good place (like home) when I pull out the sock to work on.

And there's also the problem of the quilts ...

frances