Monday, July 19, 2010

Ad Finem Socks


Two Halloweens ago, I knit my Headless Hessian socks. Still a fave pair. Last Halloween I had intended to knit a witchy striped pair of knee socks. Intended. Still intending. Will definitely (maybe) get to them. This year? I started a nice respectable pair of grey socks and somehow by the end was adding in selbu skulls in a fit of pure whimsy if whimsy were dark and threatening of course. So, I am early for Halloween and the ever popular blog-fodder National Talk Like a Pirate Day on Sept. 19th. Go figure.
Details on ravelry. Aargh.

5 comments:

a friend to knit with said...

those are FABULOUS!
love them.
(i am a huge lover of halloween!)

the Lady said...

Awesome. I just saw a totally cool pair of Selbudeath:
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/kadootje/selbudeath
I have a single sock that needs its mate. Supposed to be for last Halloween, so I know how that is! Maybe I'll get to its mate this September?

Ruth said...

Fantastic!

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I think you should post a pattern for selbu skulls. I can think of a lot of people who would be made very happy if I knit them a pair of selbu skulled socks, including myself.

Yarn Miracle said...

COVET!!