Thursday, May 13, 2010

Works In Progress


I meant to post this a few days ago but life, well, you know how that goes. We are deep into soccer play-offs, end of year programs, last minute reminders, and little calendar squares that are too small to fit in each day's notes. Plus everything seems to be shifting a bit, like suddenly the universe has begun to list to one side sending us all scrambling to make sense of things. Even my knitting is being affected. It waits patiently for me to come around again; a woolly little Sancho Panza bearing my flag as I tilt at yet another windmill in my path. Ah! But do not worry, unlike Quixote, I have hope. The projects I have begun will eventually be the complete and in them I will find great comfort. I'll just have to wait until the heat passes. Summer? On behalf of all the southern knitters out there, please be short. Thanks.

3 comments:

LaTina said...

I know what you mean. I've been working on a teddy bear for a while, but lately I haven't had any time to finish it up. Hopefully we'll both find some free time for knitting soon!

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Summer is made for us sock knitters. I even take my socks to work on at the pool. Anything else: too much.

Do folks your way say May is the new December? They sure say it here.

Love that yarn!

frances

the Lady said...

I'm so glad you are bringing that yarn to life - it looks beautiful.