Tuesday, April 27, 2010

All You Need Is Love (or a big box of yarn)

Who is now singing do-do-do-do-doo? You're welcome for that. You could do worse than having John and Paul stuck in your head.

But you know what is better than the blokes singing about love? Receiving a surprise box full of it! The Lady was on the same wavelength with me apparently and packaged up a dozen or more skeins of sock yarn, decorated it with Chagall, Toulouse-Lautrec, and shiny shamrock stickers and sent it to me before I even posted about my shameful lack of wool. Karma? Cosmic connections? Knitterly intuition? You make me a believer Larkin!

Thank you, my generous and caring friend. Your gift moves me more than you know and you're right, the purple does call my name.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Niiiice!

the Lady said...

You are so welcome!!

Left-Handed Housewife said...

You lucky girl, with friends like that! I don't think anything says love like a big box of yarn. Can't think of a single thing. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

frances