Friday, March 5, 2010

The World is Quiet Here

...shhh. Both my babies are home sick. Plans out the window, blankets piled on, and a hardwood floor that is mocking me with its dirtiness. Why is it a sick day for a child means a work day turned to a play day, but exactly the opposite is true for a parent?

I had planned to make magnusmog and Frances happy with another Henry Rollins quote today, and even though my son's middle name is Henry, I don't think it would fit the mood here. So, while I kiss his tiny knuckles and smooth down my daughter's hair until this feeling bad has left them, I'll leave you with this:
“Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind.
"Pooh," he whispered.
"Yes, Piglet?"
"Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's paw,
"I just wanted to be sure of you."”

2 comments:

magnusmog said...

Piglet and Pooh are just as wonderful as Henry Rollins:)

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Yes, I agree with magnusmog. And they're much less frightening to the children.

I hope everyone is well soon!

frances