Sunday, March 7, 2010

Restless Scissors

In our house, funny things happen. Fairy doors magically appear on bedroom walls in the middle of the night with pennies and pastels left on the doorsteps for a special little girl. And sometimes, when all is hushed and sleeping, I can hear the scissors and the paper turning restlessly in their cabinet, wondering if we've forgotten them. So during a sick day when my daughter asks "can we use the camera?" Of course I say yes.

After many deliberations and arguments and freaking out at a little brother who wanted to stick his hand in every shot, and tears all around, we accomplished her vision. And in the end, she was happy and so was I and little brother was secretly happy too because he deemed it "stupid", which is his highest compliment for an idea not his own. Oh, and the scissors and paper? They were happy too and slept soundly all the night through.

3 comments:

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

How can I be the first person commenting on your shear brilliance here? You are such a creative soul. I am so behind on blogs and yours was the only one I felt like looking at today, so glad I did:)

magnusmog said...

great fun:)

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Ah, the scissors and paper did their job this time. Wonderful pix!

frances