Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Less I Know

3:30
When you get something you've wanted for a very long time does it lose the mystique? Or does it make you feel as if you had cheated yourself previously without even realizing it? When awareness does come, do you feel like you see everything differently, even something as simple as the sunlight in your kitchen? Or the different colors in your own eyes? Or the way your children smile sincerely after they laugh; unguarded and true?

I draw with words, scribble lines with language, smudge and blur meanings with adjectives, the secret inspirations hidden beside semicolons; the words after them are always the most honest. Now, with new camera in hand, I realize the more I receive the less I know. The stories in me are more than words; they are the integral parts of me. The photos I am learning to create are more than captured moments; they are my life broken down into readable files. This playing at focus and light and patience, has set me on a journey I hadn't been aware of before; I'll bring you with me wherever I go to see whatever I see. Last year I wrote in this space about change. This year year let's write of discovery.

6:19
A photograph is a secret about a secret.
The more it tells you the less you know.
Diane Arbus

1 comment:

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Exciting! You've reminded me to take my camera and my new fiddy lens on my walk this afternoon:)