Monday, January 25, 2010

Mama Said Knock You Out

Pattern: tiny shoes by Ysolda Teague
Yarn: Pigeonroof Studios sock leftovers
Needles: US# 3 DPN

I prevailed. The booties did not defeat me. There is nothing wrong with this pattern, my frustration was all user error- Ysolda says potato and I say mash-tatoes with heaps of cream and scads of butter- the pattern was never to blame. I took a deep breath, gathered my courage, and knit them as made sense to me (notes on ravelry). Win. Epic win.

The euphoria I feel over having soundly defeated my knitting doubt is indescribable, so I'll try to give you some visuals:
*if I was a football player I'd be doing a back flip in the end zone.
*if I was a soccer player, I'd be tearing off my shirt and running in circles.
*if I was a hockey player, I'd be checking my opponent into the boards so hard it would knock his nose straight.
*if I was a hurler, I'd be striking so fast the ladies would swoon over me and my wee shorts.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight,
it's the size of the fight in the dog."
Mark Twain

8 comments:

Christie said...

Those are adorable! YOU ARE A CHAMP!

Mariss said...

Squeeeeee! Those are so adorable. I'm with you on the unexplainable joy and delight that those little booties (and Saartjes for that matter) can bring to a person!

Glad you like sharpened pencils as well :)

Mom said...

Yeah, you did it. They're beautiful!!! Loved all the visuals in your post.

Heather said...

Put in those sports examples and I'm SO totally getting your victory! Be proud girl, those booties are amazing. There's a super lucky baby out there!

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

cue Jock Jams--we haaave a winner! These are completely cute.

a friend to knit with said...

yay!!!!
and they are ADORABLE!!!!!

kim said...

Those booties are too adorable!

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I have never knitted two booties alike. If I could only knit one like this one here, I would die happy.

frances