Friday, December 18, 2009

The Point

This was the point, two weeks ago, right before life became a complete blur. My husband worries I've lost my mind; I am so distracted. There are too many little details to remember. More to the point, too many little details I have to remember, but don't really care about. Holiday expectations, bah.

Yesterday, in the middle of the crazy, I bought a bag of lemons on a whim. Today I'll make lemon pound cakes because I can, not because I have to. Unobligative cake tastes best. That is one thing worth remembering.

4 comments:

Mom said...

Take a deep breath...now breathe out, breathe in, breathe out, breathe in...

Marmee said...

I totally, wholeheartedly,thoroughly, absolutely agree.......

magnusmog said...

Enjoy the cake!

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Yo doll, since you seem to be bit of a lemon cake enthusiast, I strongly recommend checking out the Maida Heatter recipe: http://tinyurl.com/y9o5vme MWAH!