Monday, December 7, 2009

Meret


Pattern: Meret (Mystery Beret) by Wooly Wormhead
Wool: Knit Picks Merino Style hollyberry - stash
Needles: US # 7 circulars

Mystery. Who doesn't love a good mystery? The thrill, the anticipation, the cliff-hangers, the twists and turns, the set up, and finally, all of the loose ends tied neatly into place (insert rimshot here). I appreciate an exciting and well executed mystery almost as much as I love my Meret. This is one of those knit projects that you whip up on whim, actually wear out, and wait for the inevitable comment from some stranger asking where you purchased your hat. And then, instead of sheepishly admitting you made it by hand (which often times translates to "Gee, now you know why it looks odd" ), you hold your head high and declare (loudly to draw an admiring throng) "I made this!" and strut off with a springy step and a kick ass sense of chapeau style.


Boring Process Details:
Knit to pattern for size M: read ahead for start row of lace chart. Used the roll/rib combo for the band, added one extra lace repeat for the slouchy effect, blocked wet flat, did a happy dance.

6 comments:

magnusmog said...

Beautiful hat - I did a workshop with Woolywormhead and she's one smart woman!

Trisha said...

Very pretty and you look great in it. I recognize the yarn from your puff sleeved cardigan, which I have admired on Ravelry numerous times.

Mom said...

Cute as a button...you and Meret. Speaking of mysteries, I finished the first Agatha Raisin Mystery. Loved it!

Ruth said...

Looking good!!

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Yo Madame this looks superb on you with your dark hair! And your Chanel lipstick comment cracked me up--insert 'foundation' for 'lipstick' and I've been burned more than once;)

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Beautiful hat, beautiful color--perfect for you!

frances