Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Gypsy Gold

My quest to capture the last golden turnings of the season was successful. As an unexpected bonus, I made a new friend.

I had forgotten how much I like horses and how much they like me.

Maybe it's my disposition that attracts them. Or maybe I smell like a root vegetable.

He was so handsome my inner Southerner broke free and I declared him "right purty." He didn't seem to mind.

'Gypsy gold does not chink or glitter.
It gleams in the sun and neighs in the dark.'
Claddagh Gypsy saying

5 comments:

Dawn Dutton said...

Lovely photos and post. Thanks for sharing them with us...

Mom said...

He's beautiful and looks a lot like the horse I had as a teenager. Thanks for the memory!

Kathy said...

I love horses. To watch. to pet. to listen to walk. To smell the saddle....everything

HEWY said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Right purty indeed! Hope you all had a great holiday:)