Monday, September 21, 2009

Seven is an Odd Number


I've received an incredibly thoughtful award for (k)creative blogging from the always inspiring and entertaining Left-Handed Housewife. Thank you again, Frances, I've taken your description of me to heart. Honestly, I don't usually blog these awards out of sheer laziness, but when I realized the majority of you are going to jump ship over the fact I haven't finished the socks yet, I thought I'd play along. Accepting this award means I am beholden to share seven facts about myself, which is difficult because people I know read this and I can't get away with telling you I am a secret agent working on an international cashmere goat poaching case. Good thing since that kind of sharing would surely upset Ms. Thin Mint, my super secret super spy boss.
The fine print: (which I am only posting for informational purposes and only following four steps. I'm a rebel, Dottie.)

1.Thank the person who nominated you.
2.Copy the logo to your blog (or at least into the acceptance post...).
3.Link to the person who nominated you.
4.List 7 thing about yourself people may find interesting.
5.Make your own 7 Nominations.
6.Post links to those 7.
7.Leave them all a comment to let them know you nominated them.

Get Ready.

1) I never graduated college. I took a couple of years worth of core classes, couldn't bear the boredom and hated every minute of it. I wimped out and have never looked back.The final straw in my school career was when my philosophy 101 professor accused me of cheating because "no one had ever aced his tests before". The exams were multiple choice. What a prat.

2) I tend to be overly honest, sticking my foot in my mouth more often than not, but I have come to realize people turn to me when they need help because they trust my sincerity.

3) I wish I could speak Italian. I love the poetry of it. I completed four years of French and can only curse and ask the time fluently. I guess that means I could navigate a French train station pretty well.

4) When I lived in downtown Atlanta, a drunk homeless man ran into the road and fell against the side of my moving car. He landed on his butt and then stumbled away but I was too scared to get out and help him. The witnesses just kept walking. The whole scene still haunts me.

5) I am the soccer equivalent of Bobby Knight. I actually balled my hands into fists at my son's game and shocked myself by telling him to "Just kick her and get the ball !" I should be banned from spectating for the rest of the season. It is a league of four year olds by the way.

6) I love randomly complimenting people. It surprises them and makes them think which is always a good thing.

7) I have a restless soul. I question, analyze, seek knowledge, teach myself something new every day, and still I dream of wandering the world to figure it all out. The reality is I live a small life and love it, so this restlessness pools in my imagination, and I burst at the seams with creativity because of it.

Thanks for sticking around; you all mean the world to me. Consider yourself nominated.

7 comments:

Kathy said...

Random complimenting is a great great quality! Love this one

the Lady said...

No. 1 and No. 7 I am not surprised about - though No. 5 - whoa! I feel you on No. 4. The invisible haunt me sometimes. And I'm totally with you on No. 6.

the Lady said...

Btw - I don't think anyone cares too much about the socks. :-)

Mom said...

Loved your post and actually learned a thing or two about you, but, oh those sweet little muddy legs of my little man. Now that's precious!

Heather said...

Wow! Spectacular 7! I love the sideline soccer mom! Are you MY mom? She used to do that ALL the time. Funny. I try to equally cheer for all the girls on my daughter's team, but I secretly am bursting at the seams when she scores a goal.

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

HA! You win the Internet pun-tastic award!!

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Marvelous list! I think it's interesting that you didn't finished college--I wouldn't have guessed it, but it doesn't surprise me. I know a lot of genius people who just couldn't put up with college.

Now, 5, that one surprises me, but in a delightful way, for reasons I cannot explain.

By the way, have you ever seen any of the PostSecret books edited by Frank Warren?

frances