Monday, September 14, 2009

It's the Wonder of You

I know what you're thinking.

"She's going to write about change again. Always with the change, this one. Transition this, acceptance that. Yada yada yada."

Not today. Today I'm wondering what happens after the change? What do you do then, if it's what you waited for or never saw coming, where do go from the new first step? I guess the answer to that is different for everyone. For this butterfly, the answer was to hang out on my window for an hour and watch me. I watched him too, wondering what he saw to keep him riveted. Eventually he flew off and I stepped outside to peer into the window out of curiosity. I saw me, reflected, with the clouds behind my head.

Butterfly was watching himself float on the clouds, not seeing into my house at all. I sat there for a spell, doing the same, taking in my reflection framed by clouds. I think we both liked what we saw and took the time to appreciate the wonder of it. That, in itself, should be a first step everyday, don't you think?

5 comments:

Kathy said...

We have a generous maker who gives us the opportunity to wonder every day. Great way to start, I agree!

Mom said...

Wonder is something that never ceases, no matter what the age. Now I see wonder every time I look in the beautiful eyes of my grand children! Wonder-ful post!

the Lady said...

For me - embrace it and move on. The other option means more pain, more being static, and breaking instead of bending.
Do my best.
That's me.

Left-Handed Housewife said...

You already know that, but I have to make it official: I've nominated you for an award, which you richly deserve, if only for the image of the butterfly watching his reflection in the clouds.

But for more than that, too.

By the way, I've been meaning to respond to your earlier post about your first draft. You go! What great news. If you ever want some feedback, just let me know ...

magnusmog said...

Isn't that great - I sat and watched a peacock butterfly on my window this morning, all the way over here :)