Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I've got nothing. And that's everything.

two farm pictures are in shop now

I am writing a post I try not to write. The kind that you feel obligated to send out since you have been quiet for a week. Have you ever received a phone call from a friend and after you say the hellos, you both just hold the phone in silence, interrupting occasionally with half - hearted
"Well, (long pause) I've got no news" answered with " Yeah, (sigh), me neither." but neither of you hang up? It is a comfort call, a need to feel connected, and to know we are real to someone and not forgotten. This is my comfort call to you.

(Long pause)

Well. I've got no news. (Sigh) But I have been busy. Daughter had a Fairy Tea Party that was a sugar high best fest. I am on the foot of a sock, for me, that has taken me longer than any other sock ever knit. I keep getting distracted by Per Petterson and Haruki Murakami novels. And I have slept less than 5 hours a night for the past three nights trying to write the story of the two characters that are constantly buzzing in my ear and won't leave me alone. I like them, these two made up people, but they are insistent I write it all down and I am becoming a bit obsessed in a sleep deprived sort of way. I am getting prepared for another school year, which begins a week from Thursday. I also am chomping at the bit over the many fabulous knit magazines coming out this fall. And Brooklyn Tweed has a book?! Somebody hide my credit card. Well,(yawn), other than that, I've got nothing. I think that is everything. 'Mkay, talk to you later . Bye. (click)

4 comments:

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

I've got nothing, too, and I'm loving it!

the Lady said...

Mmm, funny.

kim said...

Yeah, me neither. I'm just too lazy to post about my nothing. Love your posts.

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Sometimes it's just enough to call. Or write. We worry when we don't hear from you. Or feel slightly undernourished. And for now, a fairy tea party and a story percolating in your head is enough to sustain us. Hope it's enough for you, too.

frances