Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Holy Guacamole.

My husband's Grandmother, Gwen, sent this Classic Elite sweater kit my way when she realized she would never knit it up. Included are eleven 115 yd skeins of Inca Alpaca in a wine color, one each in eight other colors, plus a natural and grey skein of Caravan Camel. Wow. There is plenty of the wine for a long sleeve pullover for me, but what do I do with the other skeins? My eyes are bleary from searching Ravelry for hours after receiving the package. Any suggestions?

8 comments:

Trisha said...

Wow, that's the kind of thing one dreams about! You are one lucky granddaughter-in-law!

Kat said...

What a nice surprise gift! Perhaps you could make an afgan / blanket with the rest?

Emily said...

I like Kat's afghan idea! What a bout a log cabin?

Jackie said...

What a wonderful surprise! I love the afghan idea - Log Cabin, The Great America Aran Afghan...both would be good!

the Lady said...

Hats and mittens! Cushy scarfy shawly things. Colorwork! I'm sure the yarn will tell you what it wants to be.

venus said...

Capillifolium (Alice Starmore) for little ones..? Love the rich colors. Lucky you for sure!

amandajean said...

you could just sit and stare at it. it's so pretty!

Kathy said...

A fine little top down baby sweater with some fairisle yoke work would make those colors sing baby sing!