Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend Redux

click to embiggen

Fun had by all this weekend. First the kindergarten field trip to the zoo on Friday, my first off campus chaperon experience. I passed with flying colors, the children had a blast, and the one who wandered off while the other five were in the restrooms had no idea she was considered lost for a full 2 minutes when I retrieved her from the playground area. I call that success. Later we hid in the laundry room and took time lapse photos with flashlights.

Then it was an early morning cheering session for our best friend who scored a goal in the right net. Hooray! Straight from the ball fields to another park for a birthday bash that was definitely a good time as evidenced by the two sweaty, filthy, icing smeared, ketchup stained, children I stripped naked at the door and carried directly to the tub afterwards. The water turned so dark my son demanded I get him out and drain it because he was convinced his sister must have pooped in the water. She was not amused.

Later Saturday night, my dad and brother came into town and treated us to Mexican food and good conversation. Having them here makes me so happy. Having them here with chips and salsa makes me delirious. Sunday I cooked a big breakfast before they left. Love you guys!

The kids made me an awesome card which read, "we may be small but we love you best of all." They rock. Included was an Itunes gift card. Daughter came up with that gift idea herself. Good Job! Then we went for a drive to a nearby state park to tour the wildlife rehabilitation center on the mountain top where we were chased by bears of the stuffed variety. Spent awhile staring at the vibrant paddle boats and canoes until the lightening sent us sloshing back to the car. Off to a hot meal out and home again. I spent the rest of the rainy evening listening to an audio book, sipping lavender tea, and knitting a February Baby Sweater. Tonight my in-laws come for a long overdue visit. My life is full of friends and crazy happenings. I am more grateful than I can say, even if it means I do laundry every. single. day.

11 comments:

amandajean said...

this is such a sweet post. i was on the receiving end of a few sweet sweet cards from my boys. my life is brimming with goodness and it's nice to have a day to bask in it. :) your weekend sounds like it was just perfect.

the Lady said...

Oh, how lovely. It sounds like life is quite nice right now.

Mom said...

What a fabulous Mom you are...and what fabulous children you have!

Geoff said...

The whole tub episode made us (Kathy and me) laugh SO hard. Happy Belated Mother's Day.

Kathy said...

even if it means doing laundry....you are so right on. I need to adopt this attitude:)

Ruth said...

Sounds like a lovely day. (I promise I did not see your post before titling mine. "Redux" is a great word, isn't it?)

Carmen said...

Isn't life grand?

MissBossyPants said...

Zoo was something else!
Sounds like your weekend was fab; I'm happy for it!

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Laundry every day is the price we pay for living life to the limit. At least that's what Jack Kerouac always said. Or was that Eloise?

Happy belated Mother's Day!

frances

p.s. love the pictures!

LinDragon said...

Lovely,lovely post. I so envy my friends with precious offspring.Love to you all.

Sandy D. said...

Lurker no more!! It was great talking to you last night!