Thursday, May 21, 2009

Farewell P-Cat


Last night we said goodbye to our dear kitty Palsamour. The last few weeks have seen her rapidly decline. When she stopped eating a week ago we knew she was ready to move on, as my husband lovingly joked, to her tenth life. The kids and I took her outside for the first time to enjoy the grass beneath her feet, the wind on her fur, and the sound of the birds twittering at the feeders. She was happy.

As my husband put her in the carrier, my daughter asked if she could write Palsamour a letter. She drew a picture of our precious black cat and wrote 'I will miss your meow'. We all will miss her singular meow, her sweet disposition, and the even the annoying habit she had of sleeping in the crook of our knees, twisting us like a pretzel all night. Love you bluppet; we are the better for having known you.

21 comments:

teabird said...

I'm so sorry... (( ))

elizabeth said...

I'm sorry! *hugs*

the Lady said...

I'm sorry. Sniff!

Christie said...

I'm so sorry. :(

JoAnn said...

So sorry on the loss of P-Cat. Those soulful eyes just go right through you!
I'm glad you let her enjoy the outdoors - I'm sure she was happy with the feeling of being free.

Jami said...

That is so sad! I am sorry. Hope y'all have a great weekend in FL!

Carmen said...

How very sad. Sorry for your loss.

Trisha said...

Very sad. I am so sorry.

Mom said...

Honey, that's a beautiful tribute to your beautiful cat. Kudos to my grand daughter for her sweet note. Love you all!

Emily said...

I'm so sorry. :(

mushroomvillagers said...

I'm sorry. She was a beautiful lady.

HEWY said...

Sorry to hear. I understand, we have lost two to vehicles.

magnusmog said...

That's such a terrible shame.

Ruth said...

I'm so terribly sorry ... Palsamour was a beautiful cat, and an important member of the family. It's so hard to say goodbye.

Rest in peace, sweet kitty.

Sara said...

I'm sorry ((hugs))

MissBossyPants said...

v.v. sorry. our beloved Audrey Chicken Dog is on her way out as well and it's hard since the kids have not known life without her.

my Z. mailed your A. a letter in the mail today. At first glance it looks like a stalker letter, but it may be lyrics to a Hannah Montana song. I'm not sure. I tried not to hover.

Kathy said...

Oh , so sweet your bluppit. I am sorry. THey just don't live long enough. I think the tide is turning and people are understanding that our pets are our family. THeir passing is tough.

danielle said...

So sorry to hear about your kitty... I love that your family took her outside, though... that's brilliant and beautiful!

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Oh, this is just so sad. And that letter--I'm choked up just thinking about it. I'm sorry for your loss.

frances

jessicrum said...

I'm so sorry about your kitty :-(
she sounds like she was such a sweetheart.

amandajean said...

oh, i'm so sorry. your daughter's senitment is so very sweet.