Friday, May 1, 2009

Baktus Scarf


Pattern: Baktus Scarf (r) by Strikkelise
Yarn: Knit Picks Palette in grey and ivory
Needles: US #4 circular

I love this pattern. The garter is soothing, and when using stripes, a great stash buster. I could have made this a bit bigger by knitting to 80 stitches before decreasing instead of 68, but I liked the smaller size which is similar to my cowls. Recommended for trip knitting.

This project was finished in time for the wrap up of Project Spectrum's 'North' months of March and April, but since 'East' incorporates yellows, whites, and grey, this is really a segue from one direction to the next. Which happens to suit my mood anyway. I have had a somber month and can feel the sun peaking out from clouds physically and metaphorically speaking. I have a bit of energy back and am ready to tackle some knitting and pictures inspired by air, sun, and wood. First up will be a baby sweater. I am having trouble narrowing down my options (there are so many cute patterns) and any suggestions are welcome. I will be using a DK weight wool.


Speaking of sun, this is a behind the scenes of my photo shoot this morning. I hopped out of the shower and tried to get a good picture before the sun woke up my Little Man, but as you can see, he snuck up behind me and giggled while rubbing his tummy on my wet hair. To mark the first day of PS 'East' I am spending the day snuggling with my sunshine guy. He makes me happy when skies are grey. Happy May Day!

10 comments:

Carmen said...

Lovely scarf. And lovely Little Man! Enjoy your sunshine.

mushroomvillagers said...

A great way to spend the first of May. Have fun with your sunshine. Mine are already pulling me out the door!

Sara said...

Nice scarf. Lovely pictures!

the Lady said...

I *love* that second photo! It's great. Glad to hear the sun is peeking through the clouds:-)

I enjoyed reading your last post too.

kim said...

This is so cute. It's the perfect Springtime scarf. I've been wanting to make one, but I can never decide on the right yarn. I think you definitely got it right. Your pictures are adorable!

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Oh this looks so cute with the yellow turtleneck:)

amandajean said...

the scarf is beautiful! as are your photos!!!

Trisha said...

Love your scarf! It looks great on you. You are very photogenic, Heather.

magnusmog said...

Happy Sunshine!

elizabeth said...

I wrote down the pattern for that scarf last week! Great minds! Well, except for the fact that you're finished with yours and I haven't even started. :o)