Thursday, March 12, 2009

Un-Birthday Cowl

What What? Two finished knits in one week? Why yes, and while the first f.o. was a gift for my brother, this cowl is a big, smooshy, soft as a chick, warm as a piece of pecan pie from The Camellia Grill, bundle of love from me to me. Knit yourself one today and your woeful anxieties over grocery prices and corrupt CEO's will melt away as fast as the ice cream on top of a piece of pecan pie from The Camellia Grill. Can you tell I'm hungry and missing New Orleans? Road trip, anyone?
Pattern: Birthday Cowl by Nova Seals
Needles: US #8 circs
Yarn: Malabrigo worsted in 'polar ice' (delicious.really.)
Details on Ravelry under pneuma
yes, I made a pin from a bottle cap

13 comments:

carmen said...

Ooh, I love un-birthdays! Beautiful cowl and beautiful pin.

the Lady said...

**Love (a lot)**

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Oh this is one of my fave cowl patterns for sure, and that Polar Ice is one captivating color!

Ruth said...

It's wonderful!

Heather said...

I have to be honest, I never thought I would love a cowl. Until today. Strong work as always!

mushroomvillagers said...

Beautiful. While standing out in the street today watching the kids play and gossiping with the neighbor while the wind whipped around us, I was thinking of a cowl I could make... you've beat me to it! Thank you. Now I don't have to sift through patterns.
Love that color too!

Christie said...

Pretty! I am so copying you! And where did you find a bottle cap with a star on it?!?!?

elizabeth said...

It's so pretty and looks so soft! Just right for our weather.

Emily said...

Very nice and I love the pin!

Anonymous said...

So beautiful, makes me want one. I love the bottle cap pin! Sorry I missed you guys this weekend. Hope to catch you next time.
-Katie

Mom said...

Oh my gosh, how did I miss this one. That cowl is fabulous and a luscious color. Think Christmas for your Mom! I love the bottle cap pen. Way too cute!

skeinsherway said...

Ooh, that looks so soft, I'm going to haveto try some of that yarn, sometime in the vary near future...
Happy knitting-
ali

a friend to knit with said...

OH so pretty!
and the bottle cap pin is SO cool!