Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Nighty Night


This child of the sweet-cheeked long-lashed variety makes my heart hurt a little I love him so much. I've entered the photo over on the iYfaces blog. This weeks theme is Black and White. I took this at night, after he refused to go to sleep until he crashed on the couch at 10:30pm. The original photo is barely visible since it was dark in the room. I overexposed it and turned it black and white. The result is grainy and blurred which is how I felt after pleading with him to go to bed for 3 hours. Whether my perspective or the shot is distressed his beauty shines through. The fact that he is sleeping helps. By 9:30 I was considering selling him to a circus. Lucky for him I instantly turn to mush at the sight of a slumbering child. Love you, wee dude.

12 comments:

CIRCLE OF LIFE said...

beautiful!

Nichole said...

what a precious little picture. :)

elizabeth said...

So sweet! Why do little boys get the best eyelashes???

Sandra said...

that is a gorgeous pic. those eyelashes are heart stopping. your little man reminds me of brian so much at times. . .

Heather said...

I love the picture. And I love the story behind it. Because it is real life, huh? And someday we will look back and wish we had a night like that just to get our little ones again for only a few moments.

magnusmog said...

He is beautiful:)

Life with Kaishon said...

What a beautiful post. He is a doll! Especially when he is sleeping, right? : )

Christie said...

Wonderful picture.

Mom said...

Oh my precious, beautiful little grand guy! What an angel, just like his uncle!

Sharon said...

Ohhh... I love sleepy faces! :)

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Awww that wee dude is a love in this picture!

amandajean said...

i love the photo. and your sentiment behind it, too. i can relate all too well. my kids were destined for the circus a time or two. just this week. :)