Friday, February 20, 2009

Deep Thoughts?

I was all geared up to write this post about profound spiritual thoughts as a balm for your Friday soul. But meh. I just don't have it in me today. This week has had an aura of possibilities for future ventures, like considering opening an etsy shop to sell some prints and sundries. Any advice is appreciated.

I have been busy making discoveries about previous inhabitants of my fair town and literally stumbled across an answer to a question that had eluded me for almost two years. I had not been searching from the right angle. All I needed was a fresh perspective. A friend called it serendipity. I am inclined to agree. Serendipity is the gift of making fortunate discoveries by accident. This whole week I've felt like something has shifted, the dovetail of my endeavors and interests has slipped smoothly into the joint. Connections are being made between the disparate things I love like photography, art, and history. Maybe the only obstacle to their union has been my lack of perspective.

I am sure most of you reading have said "huh?" and I apologize for the vague nature of this. I can't put my finger on what I am trying to type exactly, other than to write: I feel like serendipity is in the air and I am taking deep gulps, expanding my horizons, believing ever more in myself, my creativity, and my need to share.

On the knitting front, there are secret socks being made and an Owls sweater being frogged. It occurred to me that I never need wear anything heavier than a light sweater and a coat in my climate. I do however, like to snuggle under blankets. I'm thinking an Owls inspired lap blanket. More to come...

Serendipity. Look for something, find something else, and realize that what you've found is more suited to your needs than what you thought you were looking for.
Lawrence Block

4 comments:

elizabeth said...

I'm happy for your serendipitous discovery and commiserate with the owls sweater knitting. I want so much to knit with wool, but I agree, blankets may be the way to go.

Oh, and what are these "sundries" you speak of???

Sandra said...

I totally get what you mean. No further explanation is necessary.

You MUST open an etsy shop now. I won't have it any other way. Nosiree, bob.

Kathy said...

I love serendipity! One of my favortie occurences in life.

kim said...

I so enjoy your writing.