Friday, January 30, 2009

Pretty Things Save The World

This delicate bracelet arrived in the mail today. Look closely. You probably had one of these in your wallet at some point. Vanessa Weber, clever cat she is, makes lovely jewelry from recycled Starbucks gift cards. By treating my self (oh, Hubby, I bought a bracelet by the way), I have done my part in stimulating the economy, being green, and supporting small business. Plus the sweetness makes me smile and that is always a good thing. Check out Vanessa's work here. While your over on Etsy, look for my Mom's purses and children's totes here.
Thank you for the well wishes. I appreciate you all so much. Even though I am not on the other side of this particular sadness yet, your kind thoughts will definitely help me get there. I may be quiet for a few days, but I'll be back, with socks and musings in hand.

10 comments:

Sandra said...

I'm sorry about everything that's going on right now. Just wanted you know that you guys are all in my thoughts these days. Hope to hear back from ya soon. :)

Heather said...

Wow, that is so lovely and clever! Can't help but make you smile. And it sounds like maybe smiles are just what you need now. Hang in there, promise?

teabird said...

Still thinking good thoughts for you. I love the bracelet,and I might treat myself to one.

Mom said...

Thank you my darling daughter for the wonderful plug. My space is still under construction, but I will get there in due time. I love your beautiful new bracelet. Hugs and a cup of soothing tea for your sadness from Mom!

Tammy said...

I love it! Sorry you're having a rough time. You'll be in my prayers. ((hugs))

magnusmog said...

Sorry to hear about your sadness. Hang in there

jeni x

amandajean said...

i love that bracelet! it's so fantastic!

Kathy said...

It is lovely when a simple creation can lift a spirit if only briefly. It is a little respite.

Ruth said...

The bracelet is gorgeous. So sorry to hear that you're steering through some rough waters ... I agree with the others that a small, pretty something can be just the light you need to see you through darkness.

I'm keeping you in my thoughts ...

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I love the recycled bracelets and am sitting on my hands (no mean feat when you're trying to type) to keep myself from buying one immediately. Your mother's bags are equally fabulous--oh, the creativity that runs in your family!

I'm sorry that the sadness is still there. The only way out is through, as they say, but still, a person doesn't need so much sadness this time of year. In two months it will be April: don't forget to remind yourself of this amazing fact from time to time.

frances