Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Ivy Charade Socks

Pattern: Charade by Sandra Park
Yarn: Knit Picks Essential Kettle Dyed 'ivy'
Needles: US#1 dpn's

Productivity prevailed this weekend. I finished these lovely socks and am well into the waist shaping of the owl sweater. Both are wonderfully written patterns that have guaranteed smooth knitting.

I'm going to watch the Inaugural events today. I find this historic day a bit like looking under the covers and watching crackling blue static electricity racing up my legs; simultaneously exciting and a bit frightening. I am sending positive vibes to the new President who faces a difficult job burdened by the weight of incredibly high expectations. I'm also thinking of the millions braving the freezing weather in D.C. to witness this transition. Peace to them all.







6 comments:

Trisha said...

Your Charades turned out wonderful. Beautiful yarn color. I so look forward to your posts. Your knits are gorgeous.

Kathy said...

Peace indeed. ANd I love your green socks. GOod to know the patterns are user friendly. I am always looking for that.

Sandra said...

the yarn and the stitch pattern work so well together. :) purty.

mushroomvillagers said...

Again, I don't know how you do it so fast and so pretty. Seems to me your favorite is Knit Picks... care to share why?

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I love these socks and am casting on immediately--right after I finish the sweater I'm working on, which should only take three or four years.

A lovely inauguration was had by all, don't you think? Peace on.

Carmen said...

Love that color. Absolutely beautiful.