Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Jelly On Toast Mitts


Pattern: Toast
Needles: US #5 dpn
Yarn: Knit Picks Kettle Dyed in bordeaux

What better way to bring the year to a close than with a finished object? I knit these mitts in a couple of days at the beach last week. They are the epitome of the type of knitting I have been creating this year: simple, relaxing, quick. I feel it is time to complete a few larger projects, and am planning several pullovers. I do hope they are still simple, relaxing, and relatively quick. I'll have a fit if they become complicated, frustrating, and endless.

I love planning knits and gardens; no matter how well laid out your plans, they always surprise you. With that thought, I look towards 2009 as a year of growth, opportunity, change, and surprise. I hope you all will continue to join me on this journey because I couldn't have accomplished anything without your support, friendship, and generosity. Thank you.

Happy New Year!

8 comments:

teabird said...

A TOAST for the new year - perfect!
Happiness, health, and serenity wishes for 2009.

kim said...

I am so happy to have found this site and enjoy your posts immensely. I, too, intend to at least finish the sweater I started, but I always seem to be drawn to the accessories. Happy New Year to you!

Heather said...

Happy, Happy New Year!

elizabeth said...

Happy New Year! I agree - I pulled off a bunch of seed heads last weekend and haphazardly tossed them in a baggie. If some fall on the ground and the birds get that, that's fine. If some make their way into the neighbor's garden for a surprise next summer, that's fine too!

Ruth said...

Happy new year to you, too!! Looking forward to what 2009 brings to us all .....

amandajean said...

your name for these mitts is so clever!!! happy new year! it's been so nice blogging with you this year. :)

Carmen said...

Happy New Year! I love the beginning of the year, full of possibilities of what could be. May yours be filled with creativity and light.

rose_red said...

Your blog is just lovely! I'm so glad I found it and am looking forward to following it in the coming year.

Happy New Year!