Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Le Petite Knock-Off

I just couldn't leave you for the holiday weekend with only a post about communicable diseases to remember me by now could I? Say hello to my new best friend:

Pattern: Anthro-Ispired Scarflet by Yorkiegirl (rav link)
Yarn: Knit Picks Swish DK in mist , held doubled , 2 skeins
Needles: US# 9 straights

Yorkiegirl did those that covet anthropologie a tremendously good turn by designing this scarf to mimic the Le Petite Scarf. She will have the pattern up as soon as she can on Ravelry. The scarf is quick, reversible, and snugly. The ends tuck into each other so the scarflet stays put which is wonderful. The apex of gaucherie might be when your strapless dress slides off, causing you to hunch and pull so many times the DJ thinks you are requesting the chicken dance, but accessories sliding into your hummus is a close second. I knit this in two nights and am planning many more. The only modification I made was to knit the body to 17" so I could wrap it over the thick wool collar of my coat.

9 comments:

kim said...

Oh, my, but that is fabulous! Your mods are just yummy, and the photos make it look even more chic than I ever imagined. Nothing "grandma-ish" about this one! Have a great holiday!

TLCknits said...

Came out beautiful!

teabird said...

I've already gone over to Yorkiegirl's site and begged for the pattern - I've made plain and ribbed versions of keyhole scarves, but nothing as delicious as this. (I'd be heartbroken if my scarf fell into my hummus - not so much for the scarf, but for the waste of hummus.)

sixoneseven said...

Ooh, I will be waiting anxiously for this pattern--it's adorable!

amanda said...

oooh, I love this! what a great pattern. Thanks for the link.

Kellie said...

It's so pretty! I just ordered some Swish DK for the Welt and Rib Pullover in the new IK. Did you like the yarn?

the Lady said...

Eek, what a horrifying visual about the dress... but a cute scarf and you look cool!

Mom said...

I WANT ONE!!!!!

Lorie M. said...

Really nice, and the color of the yarn is beautiful. Looks just great!