Monday, November 17, 2008

Celtic Braid Bookmark


Pattern: my own based on this chart by Sarah Bradberry
Needles: US #1 dpn
Yarn: Karabella Lace Merino
I modified the chart from the afghan square pattern to create one braid with a 3 stitch garter border. This used up the exact yardage leftover from one sock, so I have enough to make another in this color. This was relatively quick since it is small, but the pattern is detailed enough that I had to keep track of the chart as I went. Great for gifts. Make one for yourself and one for your favorite bibliophile!
I have published the pattern for Reid's Woolen Hat. The link to the pdf is on the sidebar as well as on Ravelry. I made a typo (an asterisk was out of place) in the original upload, so double check you have the newest version before knitting it. As always, feel free to contact me with any questions.
I am designing a pattern for stranded mitts but will not have that posted until the new year since I suddenly seem to be socially active and can't even find time to finish the sock I have on the needles. When it rains, it pours.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

that is the prettiest bookmark ever. fancy! :)

Mom said...

That is beautiful. Great job!

jessicrum said...

I love the bookmark! With many friends who are avid readers, I sense a good last-minute Christmas gift on the horizon...

Heather said...

I'm totally copying.......Too cool.

amanda said...

What a smart idea!