Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Oak Socks


Yarn: Knit Picks Kettle Dyed Essential 'oak'
Needles: US#1 DPN

Last month Irene of Mushroom Villagers left a comment about how much she loved my socks and wished she had a pair to keep her warm. I could not live with myself knowing that a fellow crafty blogger would have to face a cold North Western winter with out the essential woolen footwear. I sent her an email asking (begging) to let me knit her a pair. She received them and took much better photos of them.
Thank you for the well wishes for my son. He is doing much better, but had us pretty scared for a few days. After many tests the docs determined he had a sinus infection that then infected his tonsils and epiglottis. After a massive shot of antibiotics and box of Popsicles he was up and running again. I am back from Franklin, TN and will fill you in on the trip later in the week as well as a sneak peek of my 'Headless Hessian' socks for Halloween...

7 comments:

Sandra said...

oh no, i'm so sorry to hear that you little man was sick! i'm so behind on my blog reading, ugh. i have 841 different blog posts to go through until i'm caught up with everyone now. oy. but so glad to hear he's much better now. whew. :)

lovely socks. you was so nice and generous and awesome. but i don't expect anything less from you. you rock.

the Lady said...

Cool socks!

Wait, does this mean we can make requests?! ;-)

Glad your son is better, and I am curious as to your next pair of footwear.

amanda said...

I love the label!! It really makes the socks special.

amandajean said...

you are so sweet and generous! the label is such a perfect touch-so professional looking. I'm impressed.

elizabeth said...

What Sandra said! I'm glad things are moving in the right direction now. I just gifted my first pair of socks and yes, it was a lot of fun. It may have been more fun knitting socks for someone else than it is knitting them for me!

Mom said...

Those socks are beautiful, too. But I absolutely love mine! Thank you again, Mom

Mary Beth said...

You include a professional label with your gifts??? Wow. I'll have to remember that for my own gifting. Very lovely socks, too.