Friday, October 24, 2008

Felicity Hat

Pattern: Felicity by Wanett Clyde
Needles: US #6 and 8 circs
Yarn: Knit Picks Swish Superwash 'gold'
This little hat was a super easy knit. I cast on 80 instead of 70 and followed the directions from there. The pattern states the wearer of the hat can celebrate their hipster chic. I don't know about that. I could very well be celebrating being the muffin man (do you know him?), the baker (sans butcher and candlestick maker), or now that I see it on my head, Grumpy Dwarf. Regardless, I love this slouchy, odd, really comfortable hat so much I took pictures of my own head in the backyard when neighbors were around. My son sagely asked if I was doing my yoga. Yes, honey, if that is less embarrassing, I am.

11 comments:

Christie said...

Strange and wonderful. I don't know the muffin man, although I hear he lives on Drury Lane.

Rebecca said...

cute! this one is in my queue to make someday.

the Lady said...

giggle.

Swell hat.

danielle said...

it's so cute! not muffin man at all... i have this in my favorites with a skein of malabrigo in mind.

i think it's great-- i like loose-fitting hats, lessens that "Q-Tip Effect"...

Jovina and Bill said...

Heather- We got a super Fabulous surprise gift in the mail today.. huge thanks and a great big HUG! Liam can not WAIT to try on his new set.... you are too sweet and Im so jealous of your talent!
Much appreciation.
Jovina, Bill and Baby Liam

Kathy said...

Oh it is so cute. Great color. You wear it weill!

Mom said...

Your hat and head both look great. I love the color. You never cease to amaze me!

jessicrum said...

Wow, that is an excellent color for that hat. I don't think you look muffin-man-ish at all.

amandajean said...

you wear that hat well! I loved your nursery rhyme jokes mixed in this post. funny and cute!

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Oh, I want that hat. Sadly, my head is uncommonly large (one hopes its size is due to uncommonly large brains, but my actions over the course of a lifetime have not borne this theory out) and most hats look very goofy on it. However, this one might just do the trick. I'll try it and let you know.

amanda said...

This looks great on you! The color and pattern go together just great.