Friday, October 31, 2008

Boo!


Happy Halloween! Two hulking grey hawks perch themselves on the barren branches of a dead tree in the woods across from my house. Every morning they watch us walk to the bus stop, never moving. Every morning I ponder their silent silhouettes, glad such beautiful creatures are part of my routine. This morning, as I crossed the street to my driveway, they both swooped at me and screeched, scaring me to death. I am sure there must have been a mouse I didn't see, but I really would rather believe they were just celebrating Halloween and getting a good laugh from startling me.
I am consoling my hurt pride with the awesomeness I received in the mail from Irene. Look at those cute Eddie Caps (link to pattern in her sidebar)! The kids love them and I have already put my tote bag to good use. Thank you Irene, you are too generous (and ultra talented).

3 comments:

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I like to think those hawks were playing, since one of my favorite notions--gleaned from nature TV--is that animals play. I think they like you, and that they are boys, and the way boys show you they like you is by chasing you around the playground. So take their attentions as a compliment ...

Happy Halloween!

mushroomvillagers said...

Glad you like it!

I'm not a big wrapper so compared to your wonderful labels and detail, the caps and tote in zip-lock baggies are about all I manage these days.
I do hope they fit everyone and happy to hear the tote is in good use!

Jennifer and Brandon said...

Enough already! Get a shot of those darn Hawks! :)