Thursday, October 2, 2008

A Bird In Hand?

To my horror , I discovered a small hole in a sweater I have come to love so much I bought shoes to match it. I think I got them both from Target. I couldn't let the sweater go so instead of relegating it to 'the wear around the house and hope no one rings the doorbell' kind of clothing, I got crafty. I mixed inspiration from Alabama Chanin, Anthropologie, with a dash of Sally Shim for good measure. I used small scraps of Joel Dewberry fabric and Pigeonroof Studios sock yarn to create this fix. I will let the edges fray in the wash so it is imperfect and casual. Be honest, do you think I can wear it out without people thinking I am the scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz, or should it be shunned and locked away in the house for fear the villagers might discover my un-holey secret?

14 comments:

Christie said...

It's cute. People will probably wonder where you bought it.

Elizabeth said...

I think it looks awesome! A beautiful and creative way of solving the problem.

the Lady said...

Cute, why not?

Mom said...

You are brilliant and you just might start a trend. Heck, you just might start a business...turn your tattered clothes into works of art! Love it.

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Fabulous! Don't you love it when you find creative ways to give your favorite things a second chance? So far I haven't gone much beyond iron-on patches, but your efforts are inspirational...

Frances

magnusmog said...

I like!

Kellie said...

I love it! It definitely looks very Anthropologie-esque. Good job!

Abigail said...

Yep! That was a slick save indeed!

You just might start a new fashion
trend yourself.

Jennifer and Brandon said...

FAB, FAB, FAB!

jessicrum said...

Honestly, I think it looks like you could have bought it in a store. (in a good way) It makes me want to fix some of my clothes that have been sent to the "around the house" pile...

Tammy said...

Very clever!

amanda said...

brilliant fix - i love it!

Jen said...

Love it!

Nice to see you today. Hope Jack keeps getting better.

Jovina and Bill said...

YES! I would wear it out in a heartbeat!