Monday, October 27, 2008

Baby Gifts


Pattern: basic top down raglan with a cable, basic beanie with 6 cables
Yarn: Knit Picks Swish Superwash 'squirrel heather'
Needles: US #8 circs and DPN's
This set is for Liam, Cutest Baby Ever, who has been delighting the world for a couple weeks now. I planned to make a cabled set because let's face it, with a nickname like Liam, you can bet your Celtic Knots I'm going to cover you in cables. The only deviation from my original plan was to leave the sleeves off the sweater. Liam lives in sunny Florida, and I know from experience, babies will be fine in long sleeved tees under a vest or short sleeved sweater because of the 3 blankets we pile on them "just in case". My children now prefer to run around in the buff, probably a direct consequence of my swaddling them as if we lived on the tundra. The dashing Liam was kind enough to model . He also has wiggle room to grow- that is what I call a knitting success. One day I hope to meet Liam in person and kiss that peaceful face.

9 comments:

amandajean said...

it's adorable! and it looks great on little Liam, too.

Mom said...

Adorable!!!

Jennifer and Brandon said...

I love it! Direct consequence of all the swaddling huh???

mushroomvillagers said...

You are so right about the bundling part. Your gift is one that no one can resist, even in sunny Florida. Beautiful work as always!

Jovina and Bill said...

your post made me laugh! I cant tell you how many times we are leaving the house and I go grab a couple more blankets "just in case" and I will verbally tell myself "just in case"

elizabeth said...

That is so sweet! I hope he gets lots of use out of it!

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Add my vote for adorable. Oh, and that's one beautiful baby (I followed the link), made even more handsome by your lovely knitwear.

Christie said...

The sweater is awesome! The baby is adorable!!!

theShizzKnit said...

What a great combo!