Tuesday, September 9, 2008

La La Love You Cowl


Pattern:La La Love You Cowl by Sandra Park
Needles: US 8 circular
Mods: cast on 87 for a smaller circumference

I love how this turned out. I want to take it to dinner, not just coffee. On the subject of love, who hasn't felt like this when falling for someone? If you haven't yet experienced this love induced insomnia, just wait, it will come and you will gladly suffer along with the rest of us fools.


As night follows night,
I shift and turn my pillow,
my eyes open wide.
Long ago I dreamed of you.
How was I sleeping that night?

(anonymous Japanese 10th century)

10 comments:

the Lady said...

I love that photography! The cowl looks lovely! You are so beautiful! Vous avez de beaux yeux!

Christie said...

Very lovely cowl for the beautiful lady who wishes to woo her knit wear with food and drink! You could always take it to dinner then coffee the next morning. ;)

Jen said...

What a wonderful photo! You look like a pinup from a bygone era. The cowl looks great too!

amandajean said...

this is so so good! the photography and the cowl. (that is a fun word, isn't it?)

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I love it--and the color is great! I think I may make this for my MIL for Christmas. It's tempting to make one for myself, except I tend to dribble and drop crumbs ... definitely bad for romance.

Sandra said...

oh yay! the cowl looks great. so glad the pattern worked out. i always get really anxious when i put a pattern out there (even if its for free). i feel like i must have left something out. . .

and yeah, like everyone said. you a hottie.

Felicia said...

Beautiful :)

Carmen said...

Beautiful poem - it mirrors my feelings when I first started dreaming of sewing, then quilting, then knitting. Funny how creating things is a lot like falling in love!

Lolly said...

A lovely cowl that suits you so well! amazing photos ;)

Jennifer and Brandon said...

What a gorgeous photo. Nevermind all the knitting, take up supermodeling! :)