Monday, September 22, 2008

It's not Autumn-atic


Ah, here were are, the first day of Autumn. Have you seen the pretty colors Google chose for their header today? So very fall. I found myself with the rare free couple of hours thanks to my in laws and I took advantage. I wrote at the library for a couple of hours. (The resounding chorus of "just shut and write" from all of you was motivating in a slightly scary way.)

I got into my car to leave and sat for a moment trying to remember what I had forgotten. My child! Oh no, that's right, he is being watched. Then I saw something through the windshield and laughed at myself. Here I was sitting in my car with the windows up and the doors locked when outside the sun was shining, the breeze across the lake was cool, and some of the sugar elms were beginning to change from green to russet and gold. I was locked in the car as if the only atmosphere I could survive was freon. So, I had a break with the geese. I hope your first day of Autumn doesn't pass by without you, enjoy her, she visits so infrequently.

3 comments:

Christie said...

It cool today, so I got out one of my nice warm sweaters and am looking forward to Autumn. And knitting sweaters! Oh I can't wait!

amandajean said...

happy first day of Autumn, Heather. Lucky you to have gotten some time away today.

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I'm so happy that fall seems to be arriving on time this year. But like you, I keep forgetting to roll down my windows when I drive. Life without
AC? Too good to be true.

I'm glad you got some writing time. Yay for your in-laws! Thank them on your acknowledgments page ...