Friday, September 12, 2008

Eye Candy


First, thank you ,thank you, thank you to everyone who left such nice comments about my previous post. I took the photo with the help of my camera's self timer, a shipping box as a tripod, and the occasional mutant ninja turtle action figure as hair/makeup talent. I love photography and your comments remind me to pursue it in earnest. This is the first photo of myself I actually approve of. Ever. This combined with the ego boosting comments has led me to change my avatar. You can all look at my mug now.

The photo above is antiqued to conceal the color since this is part of a pair of socks I am knitting for Irene of Mushroom Villagers. She knows about the socks, but I wanted to retain some element of surprise when she opens the package. I am almost to the heel on the second sock, btw.

So, where is the titular eye candy then? Thanks to my friend Nicole's movie suggestions, I have spent the past few evenings developing a ridiculous obsession for this guy. The tall, dark, smoldering good looks, the Scottish accent. Yeah, all bets are off.
What (or who) has caught your eye this week?

8 comments:

elizabeth said...

I love photography too, but rely on luck and good lighting for decent pictures. I have yet to read my camera manual, but I want to because I DO want to be serious about it and know why something does/does not work. Maybe if I put it by my bedside and read a couple of pages a night...

And I'm the same way about photos of myself. I have ONE that I like and it was a total fluke.

Christie said...

That Gerard sure is a looker. I don't have any current eye candy faves...at least none pop in the mind at the moment.

I like the change of avatar! It's a lovely picture...I must admit though, the knitting while sleeping picture made me laugh every time I saw it. ;)

Ashley said...

Oh, man Heather...I have been in love with Gerard since Phantom!! :) I've always said you had great taste!!

the Lady said...

OH YEAH!!! Oh man, I saw that swell babe in P.S. I love you. I was so pissed they made him die, cause he was hot. I consoled myself with the thought that he wasn't actually dead.

Mom said...

WOW have I been out of touch. Your previous post is wonderful. You are absolutely beautiful...the eyes definitely have it...and the hair...and the skin...and the cowl. Of course, as your Mom, I've always known you were beautiful, but that is a fabulous picture! And, now I actually know what an avatar is!!!!! I feel so with it.

Left-Handed Housewife said...

First, having just read your mom's comment above, I have to say that she seems awfully fabulous and cool.

Secondly, I just watched the most wonderful movie this weekend--"Once"--and while I didn't find the lead actor compelling eye candy-wise, his passionate singing and his lovely Irish accent knocked me out.

Thirdly, I'm working on the cowl. I had to take the pattern to church yesterday to find a knitter (we have several) more experienced than I to explain SK4P to me. I think I finally have it figured out, but am wondering if a woman with two boys and a puppy should be knitting anything so closely resembling lace. Food for thought.

Frances

amandajean said...

I've been working on some knitting (and thus some frogging as well) this weekend and it gives me an even greater appreciation for your knitted projects. you do such a great job! and I look forward to more of your photography as well.

mushroomvillagers said...

I LOVE my socks! They arrived just in time for my latest cold and have helped me feel better every time I put them on. And thanks for the tea mat and coasters. They are in use daily.
Thank you!