Friday, August 1, 2008

Little Gifts

tiny tomato tiny spade

My daughter has a small picture of a door, complete with lantern and steps, taped to her wall. This is a fairy door and every so often when she wishes for something with the best of intentions or is worried over the newest change in her routine, the fairies peek out of the door at night and leave her a token. These little gifts lift her spirits and make her feel secure in this otherwise wildly insecure world. Sometimes, they leave a sign for me. I delight in their little gifts as much as my girl.

tiny galaxy in the bread flour nebula

Here is my little gift to you dear reader. Come and delight with me over a cup of tea and the newest knitting 'zine in town. Trust me, you will want to knit every single garment they offer.

4 comments:

Sara said...

What precious fairy gifts.

How did I not know about this mag? I want to make 95% of the patterns. I'm so glad today is payday. Thanks for sharing!

Mom said...

I think I've been to that galaxy...far, far away...

jessicrum said...

What a cute little tomato! (and shovel)
I love the Linden cardigan in the twist 'zine...

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I love the tiny tomato spade. Love it! But not as much as I love the door on the wall and the fairies peeking out.