Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Deep Waters

photo courtesy of Michael Fox

I am currently experiencing all of the watery emotions associated with sending my first off to full time school and accepting that once again my life as I know it has irrevocably changed. My daughter and I are both nervous and excited and when I mentioned I was jealous of her new adventure, she reassured me by saying, " don't worry Mom, I'll be back."

I don't feel much like analyzing this too much. Some emotions and rites are best served by silence. Don't think though that I am idle. I am always analytical and apparently pale turquoise. Ridiculous personality quiz to the rescue. This one is pretty darn accurate.



Your dominant hues are green and blue. You're smart and you know it, and want to use your power to help people and relate to others. Even though you tend to battle with yourself, you solve other people's conflicts well.

Your saturation level is low - You stay out of stressful situations and advise others to do the same. You may not be the go-to person when something really needs done, but you know never to blow things out of proportion.

Your outlook on life is bright. You see good things in situations where others may not be able to, and it frustrates you to see them get down on everything.

you arepaleturquoise#AFEEEE

the spacefem.com html color quiz



7 comments:

The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Yes, I had the same emotions last year when my oldest started *gasp* junior high! Somehow it felt like more of a milestone for me and not her, but that's your typical narcissist talking, right?

teabird said...

I was sea green, which works in one way - I've always lived near the ocean - but scares me a little because I can't swim.

Another friend went through the milestone last year with her oldest - she got through it! Have faith...

danielle said...

hey, i'm pale turquoise too! :)

Nichole said...

that personality test seems surprisingly accurate! i'm medium auqamarine and it seemed so true!

i can only imagine the mixed emotions you're feeling about your daughter starting school, but at least she has reassured you that she'll be back. :) very cute.

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I'm light cyan (which apparently means light blue--I had to look it up). The description paints me as being more cheerful than I think of myself, but who knows? Maybe I'm actually irritatingly cheerful and chipper and no one has had the heart to tell me.

But I definitely do battle with myself (as do you, I see). That's spot on.

Oh, the first one off to kindergarten. Talk about bittersweet. I'm so glad to hear she plans on coming back, however. Mighty good news indeed!

amandajean said...

I think you will both love kindergarten. my second child is starting kindergarten this year, also, and I am soooooooo excited. yes, I do feel a little bad about it. but he is excited, too.

Abigail said...

I felt the same way when my son went to high school and I get to do it yet again this year. He will be a sophmore.

It never gets any easier....sniff but I feel your pain.

We will get through it.