Thursday, July 24, 2008

Turning the Corner

Remember my Warm Shawl from the Veronik Avery book Knitting Classic Style ? Yeah, I had forgotten about it too. Until I finally finished the miles of black garter stitch and added the first short border in gray and cream. I left out the lace bits in the border. I knit them in and realized that in the recommended silk, the lace would be lovely, but in my chosen merino, the lacy holes looked like mistakes. I am close to picking up the side stitches. In terms of a finished object, well, we'll talk in another month or more. This is an easy and simple shawl; sure to be warm and snuggly when cool weather arrives. This happens in Alabama exactly at 12:01 am on November 1st. I think I can finish before then.

6 comments:

Tammy said...

That's my favorite project in that book. I don't think I have the garter stitch stamina to pull it off though. Yours is looking good!

Sara said...

And cool lasts until March 1, when it turns HOT.

Mom said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mom said...

That looks so Audrey...very chic!

elizabeth said...

I love that project too, but yeah, the miles of garter stitch made me rethink it. Kudos to you for seeing it through! And as long as it's done by 11/1, you're good.

amandajean said...

I love the colors.

we'll be needing warm items well before November 1st up in my neck of the woods....probably in a few weeks...ok, months.