Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Schooner Socks

Schooner Socks
Yarn: Knit Picks Felici in schooner
Needles: US # 1 dpn

These are the first finished pair for my participation in the Summer of Socks '08. There are prizes for the most pair knit in each 2 week time period, but I don't want to rush, or end up with 10 pair of socks with 2" legs, so neener neener on prize less me. This is my basic stockinette pattern, that I lovingly call the Don't Yawn- I'm Sturdy sock recipe. In fact, I haven't had to darn any of my knit picks socks. I'll leave the gory pile of holey socks in need of darning for another post.

Have a Happy 4th! I'll be back next week with (hopefully) more progress on my FLS and a long anticipated cast on with pigeonroof studios yarn....heavenly.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

I love those colors! I am sitting here knitting frantically to complete my first pair of socks for SOS. Must finish by Friday!

danielle said...

they look great-- there's something so soul-soothing about striped socks. enjoy the pigeonroof... it's such good stuff, isn't it?

jessicrum said...

I know some people think it's boring, but I really like a plain stockinette sock. Plus, sometimes you just something without instructions to knit while in waiting at the doctor's office, standing in long lines or having an interesting conversation.
On another note, don't you just love felici? It's sooo comfy and so cheap.

Jenny said...

Those look perfect - I'm a new sock knitter (actually, I've only cast one for one pair about 14 times). Do you have the pattern somewhere or is this just a pattern out of your head?

I've been wanting to try the new KnitPicks stripey yarn.