Monday, July 21, 2008

Dovecote Socks


Yarn: Pigeonroof Studios in dovecote
Needles: US # 1 DPN

I had intended to use the Charade pattern for these, but the colorway obscured the stitches. I think Charade shows best with less variegation. I was traveling in a car when I decided to rip back and continue in stockinette. I am glad I did, these make me very happy. The colors are a bit more muted on one sock, simply a small difference in the dying process. I like this since it reminds me of the beauty in hand made versus machine perfected. My affection for Pigeonroof yarns is well known, and now Krista has a new sock base that she thinks is even better than the original. More squishy? More springy? How could that be? I am shaking my piggy jar as I type.

7 comments:

Sara said...

Oh those are nice!

teabird said...

Beautiful! I find myself happiest with stockinette socks to show off pretty variegation.

the Lady said...

Coo-wel.

Yes, I too like plain old st st for variegated socks. It entertains me to no end.

amandajean said...

I love your new socks!

Christie said...

nice socks!

jessicrum said...

Lovely socks! I'm glad to find someone else who enjoys a little "imperfection." It's just more one-of-a-kind that way.

Mom said...

They turned out great and I love the colors. Reminds me of the ocean or the lake water at Lake Tahoe! Beautiful.