Friday, June 13, 2008

Ticket to Ride

photo by Pamela Wynne, Flint Knits

I am not by nature a joiner, but sometimes the drums and whistles playing from the newest bandwagon to slowly roll past me are too enticing to ignore. I am usually content to wave to the Doers and sit in the grass with the Watchers until all the dust and hype has settled. Today I firmly took hold of the bed rail running, jumping and landing in the middle of a throng of screaming knitters, needles and yarn waving like flags. See me- I'm the one with the sheepish look, mouthing the words to the chants and cheers I never bothered to learn. I am waving this sign:

I Am Knitting the February Lady Sweater
because I Cannot Help Myself!!

My sign is large and poking the fellow wagoners, so I'll put it down now. So, how may thousands of you are knitting this too? If not, what are you waiting for?

7 comments:

the Lady said...

lol.

Shawna said...

yes, i too am a lemming! it's just too perfect. the photos and her yarn choice totally sold it too. i want to knit it once i get my hands on some DIC Classy! it's alright though, cause even though a couple thousand people queued it - we'll still be a small number compared to the amount of factory made sweaters out there, right??

mushroomvillagers said...

Amazing sweater. Thanks for the info although I'm not sure if I can manage the gull lace pattern. It's so dang beautiful!

Mom said...

Oh my goodness, how funny you are. What a great little story and I LOVE the sweater. Do you think there's every any chance I could make something like that?

amandajean said...

it's lovely! what color are you using?

danielle said...

stash diet. i'm waiting until the stash diet is up. unfortunately almost my entire stash is sock yarn.

:( bummer!

until then, i'll live vicariously through your knitting it.

teabird said...

I've added it to my (seventeen-mile-long) queue at Ravelry. How can I resist something described as fitting a "grown-ass" woman?