Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Ennui


Boredom, despondency, the lazies; I've got 'em. I am studiously knitting away on the warm shawl and the February Lady Sweater ( which I am making in a blue similar to the Crayola crayon pacific blue) and waiting to cast on for a pair of socks on the 21st to kick off Summer of Socks '08.

Pictures of a large black rectangle, a blue yoke, and me waiting, are too boring to post. So, with a deep sigh and a great shove, I give you a comforting shot of the bread I made and have already eaten. I really want to make more, but this ennui weighs a ton. I am hoping if I sit quietly for long enough, it might grow bored with me and move along.

5 comments:

Sandra said...

yeah, i totally know how you feel. that bread looks mighty tasty tho. did you actually knead that bread? i'm far too lazy to do such a thing myself so you already got one up on me.

the Lady said...

"ain't no cure for the summertime blues..."

Lolly said...

Bread is never boring. I love this shot!

Left-Handed Housewife said...

The bread is beautiful. My summer ennui doesn't usually hit until mid-July, when all my lovely inspirations evaporate in the humid air. But it passes, it always passes. In the meantime, bread is art, make more bread!

jessicrum said...

oh, that bread look delicious! i envy your skills.