Friday, June 6, 2008

Baby Rollin' Beret


Patterns: Baby Rollin' Beret by Wooly Wormhead
Magic Slippers by Caroline Dlugy-Hegwer
Yarn: Comfy by Knitpicks in Creme Brulee
Needles: Us# 2 and 4 DPN's

I knit the beret with the size 4 needles, I think Comfy is closer to DK than the labeled worsted.
The magic slippers were knit with the size 2's, I simply modified the stitch counts slightly to acheive a newborn foot size ( 3.5 inches). I tried to get a picture of the beret that would show the dapper rolled brim, but had no newborn on hand, so the bedpost volunteered. Voila!


7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Awwww. And again: awwww. Lovely job.

mushroomvillagers said...

Must remember Comfy by Knitpicks. I need to get me some asap. I think I may want to roll around in it. Looks *so* soft! Lucky baby.

Sandra said...

that is gonna be one chic baby. adorable!

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Those slippers are so cute, I can hardly stand it. I have knitted many booties in my lifetime, and never two alike. And that hat is adorable ...

amandajean said...

so cute, heather! I love the color, too.

danielle said...

adorable!

i had the same thought when i rec'd my Comfy in the mail... i took one look at it and wondered whether it was dk, but doublechecked the website, which said worsted. it DOES seem thin for worsted...

amanda said...

very cute!!