Sunday, June 1, 2008

Air

Swatching with the yellow Comfy, which I have designated with a tender pat and knowing nod as the ultimate baby yarn, I was also put in mind of one of the most poignant guides to life, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz. In The Marvelous Land of Oz, one of the many sequels to the popular volume, the women revolt with the aid of knitting needles and make the men do all of the chores.

To celebrate the Air Element (gray, white, and yellow) for Project Spectrum 3, I will take Lolly's advice to find inspiration in unusual places since air itself can infiltrate even the most hidden of spaces. I will be searching children's classic literature which is absolutely worth reading and quite magical when read aloud. Join me on my journey to capture the invisible, indispensable, and irrepressible breath of life.

The road to the City of Emeralds
is paved with yellow brick.
L. Frank Baum

3 comments:

mushroomvillagers said...

I love yellow. If I could, I would paint it everywhere.

the Lady said...

I love those books. I read a ton of them at one point.

I tagged you for a meme if you're interested, details on my blog.

It's so nice to be home and be able to check everyone's blogs again!

danielle said...

i'm loving the comfy too, and i only bought it because i felt like i had too (hawaiian baby, mother with not enough time to hand wash, etc.)-- i might need to use it for everything baby from now on...