Wednesday, May 28, 2008

That Boy Sure Can Knit

I read craft blogs for many different reasons: inspiration, amazing photography, camaraderie, and information to name a few. There are a few blogs out there that combine, to an art, all of these reasons. Brooklyn Tweed is the lighthouse to those few. There is a quality to his photos that makes me believe no matter what chaos might lurk behind the photographer, a divine serenity is all his lens can capture. I admire his use of light and bokeh. Jared's knitting is made only more beautiful by his photos. I know he pours thought, patience, and skill into every stitch. A perfect example is his Striped Vest in Handspun and Recycled Tweed. I have no words. I do, however, have handspun thanks to Marmee and plenty of inspiration thanks to Jared.

6 comments:

amandajean said...

I subscribe to his blog and I am in constant awe of his knitting and his photography as well.

jessicrum said...

I love your handspun and I totally agree about Jared's photos. They have such a calm, serene feeling to them. Of course, his knitting adds to it as well!

Marmee said...

I can't believe I was in the same paragraph as Brooklyn Tweed!!! How awesome is that??? wink, wink
That is probably the closest I will ever get!!

elizabeth said...

Goshdarnya. You sidetracked me with the bokeh link and there went 20 minutes of my life! ;o)

So, can I assume you're making a vest?

Shawna said...

i agree - his photography is amazing. his work is lovely too, but the photography makes his knitting look too perfect! i love the texture in his photos too - it's all very inspirational.

Left-Handed Housewife said...

I feel so out of the knitting loop--hadn't heard of Brooklyn Tweed until your post. Oh my goodness! Made me want to knit another sweater ... please, stop me!