Meka Leka Hi Meka Hiney Ho everyone! Camp Pneuma has transitioned from my mind to the page and we are looking forward to a summer full of informative field trips, arts and crafts, and good times. And ice cream. Lots of ice cream.
I've set up 10 themed weeks, for example:
Animals- trip to the zoo, making masks out of cereal boxes, coloring pages
Nature- hikes, Botanical Gardens, bird watching, flower picking, growing sugar crystals
Hunting- scavenger hunts , pirate treasure map hunts, making secret spy messages
Astronomy- planetarium, make a Pluto inclusive planet mobile, search for constellations
...and the list goes on. Since this is my camp, the kids are aware that I have the inalienable right to knit before/during/after excursions. They are ok with that as long as I don't forget the ice cream. Of course I am aware they are 2 and 4 and this camp plan can/will/inevitably go out the window, but they are so worth any small disappointments I may incur.
I was tagged by Tammy ! Here is even more stuff you don't want to know about me:
"The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer."
1) What was I doing 10 years ago? Working 14 hour days, wishing I wasn't alone.
2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order): Grocery store, craft store, potluck dinner at park with playgroup, turn the heel on my sock, wishing I was alone.
3) Snacks I enjoy: salty cashews, cheese dip and chips, olive tapenade on crusty bread.
4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire: Professionally landscape my yard, buy out the fast food joint going in down the road and turn it into something useful like a Starbucks or bagel place, buy my husband that Airstream he dreams about, pay off my brothers' student loans.
5) Places I have lived: Georgia, Missouri, Alabama, The Cliffs of Insanity
6) Jobs I have had: Retail Manager, Pharmacy Tech
7) 6 peeps I wanna know more about: I should be in bed so consider yourself tagged!