Monday, May 12, 2008

Dressing the Furniture


Don't worry, he's not dead, just asleep. This was the best Mother's Day present ever... a 2 year old space ranger that ran himself silly and fell asleep way before bedtime. A few weeks ago, my husband and I made a list of the things we needed this season. My list was simple: the $5 sunglasses I saw at Target, yarn, and tequila. Well, I picked up the glasses last week on a diaper run, ordered myself some yarn a few days ago, and my sweetie surprised me with a big bottle of tequila to satisfy those margarita on the rocks cravings. I am set for summer... or this afternoon ;)


The yarn I ordered is for next month's project, so in the meantime I am going to bore you all with 240 more repeats of this. The pattern is Chinese Waves Dishcloth from Maggie's Rags but I am making a table runner. I am finally going to use up the acrylic yarn in my stash that is a beautiful linen color. This stitch pattern is super simple and very pretty.

Next, I will be making the Warm Shawl from Veronik Avery's book, Knitting Classic Style. I am making this to drape elegantly around my shoulders while I sip a glass of wine in my adirondak chair, watching the sun set, bathed in the glow from the copper fire pit . Ok, that was a total fantasy, but the shawl will be real, I promise.
Thank You for all of the compliments on my Pi shawl! I am humbled by the knitterly love.

5 comments:

amandajean said...

that table runner looks great! and so does that sleeping child. :) love the space ranger suit.

Tammy said...

Mmmm... I love the shawl, and margaritas on the rocks! Enjoy!

mushroomvillagers said...

I can't wait to see the completed table runner. And would love to come over for a margarita. Is 9:30am too early? ;)

Anonymous said...

The copper fire pit was not on our list. Should we add it to the fall list?

-Hubby

the Lady said...

But wait, that sounds like a great fantasy!