Monday, April 21, 2008

Woodland Gnome Socks


Woodland Gnome Socks
Pattern: my basic sock
Needles: US # 1 DPN's
Yarn: 100% Merino 2 ply in "woodland gnome" from Enchanted Yarn & Fiber

Super soft, beautiful colors, I love these. The hank was 450 yards, so I have plenty left over for a small project. Hmmm, booties anyone?

On a side note, there is a local blogger who hides garden gnomes around the city and people search high and low (well, mostly low) for them. I think anything having to do with gnomes is fabulous, and want to applaud the individuals out there who look at life a little differently. Where would we be without wonder?


7 comments:

Sandra said...

why is it when i knit socks in variegated yarn it *always* pools and the colors don't distribute themselves evenly as yours? no fair. *shakes fist*

elizabeth said...

Really? There's a blogger in AL who hides garden gnomes? We must organize a hunt! A photo hunt, that is. So cool. And so are the socks!

the Lady said...

Nice socks! Wow, 450 yds is a lot of sock yarn.

danielle said...

i am obsessed with your socks!!! i just "favorited" the yarn seller so that if/when i meet my destashing goal i can revisit the shop.

Mom said...

I love the socks...and the sock puppet!

amandajean said...

nice socks, heather. I admire anyone who can knit socks. I love that last photo. so cute.

Carmen said...

Good grief, how in God's green earth can you finish knitting socks so fast? And actually make them the right size? The last time I tried to knit a sock for myself, it wouldn't even fit on my kids. I may be just a wee bit jealous of you.