Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Caprice

Caprice: noun- a tendency to change one's mind without apparent or adequate motive. The newest issue of Interweave Knits has brought out my full capacity for capriciousness. On first glance of the website preview, I audibly groaned a little. Color work? Ack. I can barely keep one ball of yarn tangle free and on the needles with a 2 year old wanting to " me help mama knip otay". Dang, I thought.

But the preview has called me back with her siren song and after the 18th time looking it over, I think I am getting excited about knitting a few pieces from it. The color work might not be too bad, the lace items are really gorgeous, and I love Wallis, but won't knit it since I feel like my Puff Sleeve cardi is so similar. Anyway, here are a few of my top possibilities (maybe. at least right this moment. I still don't know for sure.)

5 comments:

Tammy said...

"Caprice" - Love it! It's the way I live. I'm anxiously awaiting the new IK myself. It definitely has some fun knits.

the Lady said...

Yeah, I was totally into checking out the preview... sigh - 10,000 more sweaters I probably won't ever knit! :-) Have you checked out the Knitting Daily galleries - it's cool, they show the sweaters on different people with different bodies. Interesting info.

elizabeth said...

So THAT'S what it takes! 18 views of the summer preview! I've only looked at it a few times and the first time I went going down the list saying "ugly ... ugly ... ugly..." I do like it more since the Knitting Daily gals have tried on some designs.

mushroomvillagers said...

Those are all gorgeous! (I like the middle one the best though.)
I can't wait to see what you knit!

Left-Handed Housewife said...

Don't let color scare you! I say this as a totally messy, totally lefthanded knitter who shouldn't be allowed close to the needles much less multiple skeins of yarn. Tangles? Yep? Fun and adventure? You bet! Go for it!